The captain and tour guide on the SEAL were first rate! My whole family, including two teenagers, loved it.
The only thing that was challenging was the cryptic ticket purchasing and reservation system. No listed tour times on the web site? Why not? Even with some tidal changes, its still possible to include that. You can see tide charts for a whole year online.
Otherwise, it was all... Reviewed by:Tom H.,
USA, August 2014 Read all 71 reviews » View recent photos »
"See San Diego By Land & Sea!"
Lowest Price From $38.99 USD $18.99 USD
Travel through the streets and waterways of San Diego in an amphibious vehicle on this 1.5-hour tour. Our brand new "Hydra Terra" can travel on land and sea to bring you the best sightseeing adventure in town!
KIDS RIDE FREE IN OCTOBER!
Travel between October 1 through October 31, 2013
and children age 12 and under are free with each paid adult ticket.
Just show your voucher and your child rides free!
100% Price Guarantee: We will refund the difference if you find a lower price online or at your destination. Find out more.
Departure Point: Seaport Village
November to March - between 10am and 4pm (3pm is the last tour departure time)
April to October - between 10am and 5pm (4pm is the last tour departure time)
Safety:100% safe. All transactions done securely.
Vouchers & Confirmation Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a receipt of booking by email. Within 48 hours (often on the very same day!) you will receive a voucher confirming all details.
Voucher Info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Convenient departure from centrally-located Seaport Village - just minutes from most San Diego hotels.
- This is the best way to see the sights of San Diego and check out the amazing ships in the Bay.
- Listen to a fully narrated tour with our knowledgeable and friendly tour guides.
- Safe and reliable - these amphibious vehicles give you the best views from land and sea, so you won't miss a thing!
- Wind through the streets of America's Finest City, and see it from a totally unique perspective.
- Cruise through the waters of San Diego Bay off Shelter Island.
- Keep an eye out for seals and sea lions - they love to bask on the rocks near the shore.
- Cruise past enormous Navy Ships as you learn about the military history of San Diego.
- Past the San Diego International Airport dedicated to aviator Charles Lindbergh.
- Don't forget your camera for this unique tour of San Diego by land and sea!
Make a Splash on the SEAL! Our brand new "Hydra Terra's" provide you with the unique ability to see America's Finest City on San Diego's only amphibious sightseeing tour. This 90-minute fully-narrated duck tour departs from our easy-to-locate departure location at Seaport Village in downtown San Diego.
Listen to expert narration as you experience the history and ecological wonders of San Diego in the comfort and security of these virtually unsinkable Hydra-Terra’s. As you travel along beautiful Big Bay by land, hear the stories of early sailors as well as the history of this 14-mile long working bay.
Also, learn about the importance of the military here in San Diego. The land portion of this tour takes you past the San Diego International Airport dedicated to aviator Charles Lindbergh, just one of the many people you will hear about on your tour.
Then, splash down into the San Diego Bay off Shelter Island, where you begin your water-tour segment of the journey. As the SEAL travels through the north of end of the Big Bay, keep your eyes peeled for a chance encounter with a California Brown Pelican, the petite Least Tern, the majestic Blue Heron, or perhaps a sea lion or two.
Learn about the early fishing industry. View Point Loma, home to the Cabrillo National Monument, Naval Air Station North Island, the Point Loma Submarine Base, and the Scripps Institution of Oceanography.
The return trip takes you back up on land. Pass the Maritime Museum and the Cruise Ship Terminal before returning to Seaport Village.
Please note: Tour route is subject to change without notice due to weather or traffic conditions.
San Diego SEALS tour operates on a first come first serve basis. You are only purchasing the ticket, not the specific time or date of your tour. Reservation tour times can be made at the San Diego SEALS ticket booth.